Following on from the extremely successful Enterprising Derry project, Derry City Council will be rolling out the Business Opportunities Programme which aims to provide a ‘One Stop Shop’ for businesses to get involved and benefit from City of Culture opportunities. The programme will provide a series of specialist training, mentoring and business development initiatives to ensure that businesses can build their capability and take full advantage of City of Culture 2013. The main aims of the project are to:
- Improve the capability of the SME sector to respond to the City of Culture opportunity and ultimately large scale events and initiatives
- Increase the level of business start up by maximising the opportunities presented by City of Culture
- Ensure the success and sustainability of the opportunities presented by the City of Culture and other subsequent major events
- Maximise the trade opportunities for the local SME sector
- Improve the capability of the SME sector in relation to public sector and big business procurement
This programme is part funded by Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) under the European Sustainable Competitiveness Programme for Northern Ireland.